Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Pet Shop Boys


After 20 years or so as a huge fan,I finally got to see the Pet Shop Boys in concert last week. This tour has been going for close to a year now off the back of their last(and best)album Fundamental. The audience was a real mixed bag and there was a fun Mardi Gras atmosphere. They did a 2 hour set.3 back up singers including the amazing Sylvia Mason James,2 funky dancers and very slick projected visuals made each song a mini piece of theatre. Standouts for me were The Soddam & Gommorah Show, M.I.N.I.M.A.L.S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G,Where the Streets Have no Name, Rent, So Hard...All of it really :-) The only downer for me was them not doing my favourite song Love Comes Quickly but i guess sacrifices have to be made somewhere down the line...A fantastic night it most certainly was...
Here's a great highlights video from the Barcelona concert:

No comments: